Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication
Each one of us brings our individual culture to the workplace because it is an integral part of who we are. The modern workplace has become an intersection of cultures, including ethnic, linguistic, national, economic and organizational.
The multicultural nature of the workplace affects many aspects of business operations, including customer service, employee relations and employee supervision. It increases innovation, growth, and helps businesses to compete in the global economy by embracing diverse perspectives and ideas and tapping into the resources of a diverse workforce. However, when cultural misperceptions or conflicts occur, it can result in increased stress, loss of productivity and diminished employee engagement, which affect the company’s performance and competitiveness.
Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication Training provides participants with the strategies to recognize, respect, and value diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and communication styles. Upon completion of this training participants will be able to use practical strategies to communicate more effectively in a multicultural workplace. This training is recommended for anyone who wants to improve their interpersonal effectiveness when communicating across cultural differences.
Training participants will:
- Understand the value and impact of cultural differences in the workplace
- Develop positive attitudes to individual differences by increasing personal awareness and recognizing and valuing cultural values of others
- Understand how to effectively interact with diverse co-workers or customers by recognizing non-visible aspects of culture, such as values and communication style
- Recognize and use different patterns of communication to create an inclusive workplace environment
- Identify ways to reduce misperceptions and increase communication effectiveness with others in the work environment, including superiors, peers, subordinates, and customers
Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication Training consists of five modules, delivered as a half-day training or a modularized program to fit your company’s schedule. This facilitated training includes discussions, case studies and role plays, which help participants to explore concepts and practice strategies. Experienced facilitators create a positive and enriching learning environment.
Module A: The Value of Including Everyone
Module B: Discovering Differences
Module C: Communicating Inclusively
Module D: Respecting Behavioral Differences
Module E: Succeeding Together
For more information on the Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication training contact our CWE Program Director, Vera Grishkina at 616-459-5151 ext. 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org.