Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication Training
Do you or your staff work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds or interact with culturally diverse customers and clients?
The modern workplace has become increasingly more multicultural and multilingual, posing unique communication challenges in the workplace in our communities. Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication Training at the Literacy Center of West Michigan develops fundamental awareness, knowledge, and skills, needed to be successful within a culturally diverse workforce or when interacting with diverse clientele.
Participants learn to:
- recognize challenges and opportunities created by cultural differences in the workplace
- mediate cultural differences and be successful in cross-cultural interactions
- raise awareness of the value of differences and understand how to improve an environment of acceptance and inclusion in the workplace
Training features live facilitation and includes group discussion, role plays, and case studies. This is a cost-effective, practical, and interactive training in a small group setting, allowing for plenty of group discussion and collaborative learning.
Here are some topics and questions explored in the Cross-Cultural Workplace Communication Training:
- Cultural values and behavioral differences: What is the true value of cultural differences in the workplace and how can we better understand and respect behavioral differences, stemming from differences in cultural backgrounds?
- Cross-cultural communication and style differences: How can we better recognize different styles of communication and learn to adjust our own style of communication?
- Diverse team processes and strategies: What differences in the workplace make a difference and how to recognize them in daily interactions in a cross-cultural setting?
Who would benefit from this training:
- Human Resources
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Professionals, responsible for diversity and inclusion strategies in a variety of organizations
- Individuals who interact with a culturally diverse workforce or customers
Registration and refreshments are available starting at 8 a.m.
Training session: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (refreshments will be provided).
We offer this training in a small group, so please contact us soon to ensure availability of a seat in the training.